View Single Post
Old 03-24-2019, 02:45 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
snitch

Hi !

Thanks for the new thread Dee and for the congrats 😊 sorry to hear your back has been playing you up but glad it seems better now and that you are back!

Hi Erratic Thank you too. How are you doing today?

Hey Daisy!

I am feeling pretty good at the moment. Enjoying my recovery and healing, eating better and feeling the benefits. I did a workout today and it seemed easier!! I am in Boston and it was a lovely day. I was walking round the busy streets, there were lots of cool shops and places to eat, the sun was out and I just felt happy! I did have a moment when I walked past an eating place and it was packed outside and people were drinking wine. I'm not sure what I felt to be honest, if anything it evoked some memories of me drinking years ago with friends outside and a bit of self pity that I can't do that anymore but it passed quickly and I thought it's ok. It's ok to give up one thing to have everything!! I am an alcoholic and I do have acceptance around that today.

I am also a shopaholic and I ended up buying 2 pairs of shoes, a bag and 3 tops hahaha! One addiction at a time right?! We are going out Sunday for Mothers Day so am going to wear my shoes and top. I haven't dressed up In a long time!! I am really looking forward to it. I am back in bed now. You'll never guess what?? Me and Vipe were trying to arrange a meet up here. !!!! I wanted to surprise you all with a photo but unfortunately he wasn't feeling his best today. So I completely blame him for my shopping spree 🤣🤣🤣 just kidding Vipe! Hopefully we will make it happen one day.

Some other good and bad news. The bad news is my brother's cocaine addiction is spiralling but the good new is he went to his first CA (cocaine anonymous) meeting today. It is the same one I have been to before ....although I am not addicted to cocaine they welcome anyone with any type of mind altering substance addictions. It's a lovely meeting and I really wanted my brother to go beofre with me but as we all know it's only when we are ready ourselves hey?! But he did go today and he said he got 3 numbers and everyone was really welcoming and he got hugs and support and the Big Book. I am so pleased but my brother has 3 substance addictions so it's going to be a rocky road for him and that's if he even goes back.! I will support him 100% but his journey is his journey and I need to keep my expectations in check. Not everyone stops from their first meeting unfortunately. But willingness is key and I will just continue to keep praying for him.

Am gonna try and get some sleep now before my call. London tomorrow then New York bound! I will have to hide the credit card 😬😬

Have a nice evening everyone. Catch up more tomorrow x x