Thread: Court today
View Single Post
Old 03-21-2019, 08:12 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  
Hechosedrugs

Update:
Went to court. He wasn't there. Sat down with my attorney. His attorney showed up and sat behind us. Said, "I've got nothing. We're going to dismiss." My attorney started chatting with me about her cold. "I've got the worst cotton mouth," she said. "Must be the antihistamines I'm taking." His attorney starts cracking up. "Oh, don't take antihistamines," he said. "They might make you test positive for meth!" They both started laughing. Wow. His attorney just straight up made fun of him. Then he said, "Well, I might as well leave. You can handle this on your own." My attorney dismissed the case. She asked the court to "reserve jurisdiction for attorney's fees", which she says means if he files another frivolous motion the court can award the fees incurred during this one, as well as the next.
I'd like to think he's learned his lesson, but I know he hasn't.
He also hasn't been showing up to visits, and has been telling the kids it's because he "has to work". He collects VA disability, SSDI, and his girlfriend gets $800 a month for being his "caregiver" because he is so "unable" to work (not true, of course, he's just a con artist). He is seriously so sick. I hate that he gets away with emotionally abusing them like this.