Old 03-20-2019, 04:52 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  
WhoDeyPI

Originally Posted by MindfulMan View Post
I have about two cases of wine left in my house. It's not a temptation. When I was in rehab my counselor insisted I have an advance team take the wine out of my house before I got home. There was a big hassle at my checkout and it didn't happen. When I got home I realized that I had absolutely no desire to drink any of it, so I've gradually been giving it away and serving it to guests.

However, I couldn't be anywhere near an open bottle of hard liquor for nearly a year. I realized I was over that about 11 months after my sober date when I was in the Coachella house in April 2018 and there were bottles of booze everywhere. as well as molly or coke if I'd asked. I woke up the first morning and was at eye level with this huge bottle of Grey Goose vodka, and thought 'I could have a shot of that and nobody would know." I gagged at the thought and then laughed because I absolutely did NOT want any of it!

I needed to get sober time behind me and a lot of cognitive work in outpatient rehab first. At this point there's no question that I will never drink again.
I don't have anything in my house. I think I actually would be fine if I did, but I'm not going to drink it, so what's the point of keeping it around. Like you, I have had a time or two that I saw a bottle of liquor and thought "maybe 1 shot, no one will know". But I'll know, and that's enough for me not to do it.

If you can coexist with wine in your house, more power to you. OP obviously cannot handle the temptation quite yet..