View Single Post
Old 03-16-2019, 08:50 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Givenup2018

Driving me insame

What is it with alcoholics, they hurt you then act as if nothing happened.
My AH has treated me badly in the last few days, ignoring my calls, saying he would attend an important function with me, then backing out when we had a fight where I called him out on his bad behavior.

For me it's like living with an alien now. I was one step ahead of him and had someone else lined up to go with me to the function, because in the past he has let me down so many times I decided to be prepared.
He text me the next morning before the function, saying he was sorry but I said his words meant nothing and I was taking someone else to the function and I did (a female friend). He then did the 'oh woe is me' and I told him I would do whatever made me happy, i had given him the option, he played games and this was the result. In the past I would have forgiven him and pretended all was ok again, more denial.

Today he gets up late and asks me if I want to go to lunch as if nothing has happened. I said why would you want me to go for lunch after the last few days, I cannot fathom it. He got angry and then I told him I am not going to pretend nothing happened and sweep it under the carpet. He got even angrier and launched into a tirade about me being the one with the problem, blahblahblah. I asked him why we cannot talk like civilized human beings. He said he was done talking and stormed off in the car.
I am supposed to be working a Christian co dependent recovery course thing but it is so hard to stand my ground, I know now why I used to acquiesce and also pretend nothing happened, denial denial denial, I just cannot do that anymore, but this is so difficult. I just cannot get through to him on any level at all unless I pretend that all is well. I read somewhere that the first stages of setting boundaries will cause this type of reaction.
Please tell me what you did, I am angry and heartbroken at the same time. It is like trying to communicate with a wall, I just can't.

Title should be "insane"

Last edited by Givenup2018; 03-16-2019 at 08:51 PM. Reason: spelling