View Single Post
Old 03-16-2019, 08:38 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Blakekapetanis1

5 months sober! Paws symptoms

Hey there everyone hope all is well and everyone is doing well. March 13th was my 5 month mark on being sober. 5 months ago was that one night that sent me into this struggle with paws or what I believe is Paws. I still sit back sometimes and wonder why me.. why use? I never had a clue that someone could mentally mess themselves up for months or a year or so because of drinking and to experience some of the most unwanted feelings. If it wasn’t for the kind people on this site I would have drove myself more crazier.

I have realized that this this type of thing takes time to heal from and with due time things to get better over time and that I’m still healing mentally. I have went from my first month of feeling buzzed / stoned to feeling better and just a bit fuzzy or spaced out as if I’m not 100% functional. I know I can function normally but it’s like I’m just not all there mentally. Things still seem a bit grayer then what I remember before this happened. Some days I have hardly any motivation and then some days are better. The worst feeling I can say I have is feeling a bit spaced out and a bit of brain fog that keeps me from that clarity that I use to have before Paws. I know I’m only ate 5 months but can anyone else relate or can remember how long before the waves seemed to dissipated or be completely gone and felt normal again?! I keep telling myself that I’m getting closer and closer and then sometimes I’m sitting here saying well damn hope I didn’t permanently screw my self up and things won’t ger better.

Also I have a question for the people who been threw this before and may have slipped up or can possibly have a beer or 2 after years of sobriety. I will admit I was a binger and would drink to get wasted. I do not plan on ever going back to that way, BUT here is where my question comes into play. Has anyone that has went threw PAWS ever been able to drink again? After a couple years of sobriety where u able to socially drink or have a beer or 2 and that’s it WITHOUT going back to or threw this paws thing. I’m not a doctor and from what I’m aware of there is no cure or medicine for this type of thing. Has anyone been able to drink after years of healing and not gone back to this paws stage. It’s hard for a 25 Y/O to think I’m not ever going to be able to sip on a beer or 2 the rest of my life.

Thank you for listening to me rant on about this but this site and the people truly have been a god sent because like I said I would have lost my mind without answers.