Thread: Trippy
View Single Post
Old 03-16-2019, 04:44 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
ScottFromWI
Forum Leader

I couldn't imagine alcohol not being an everyday part of my life either. I used all the common excuses ; "it's everywhere", "I won't have any fun", "everybody drinks", "it just happened".

I also had some clinical underlying mental health issues and while I didn't directly use them as an excuse to drink, I was attempting to "self medicate" them by drinking - which of course failed miserably

Bottom line Arthox, as long as you keep trying to find ways that you can't quit drinking, you probably won't. And frankly at this point the best thing for you is going to be supervised detox and inpatient rehab. And yes you'll probably have to do some AA meetings while you are in rehab, but even if AA "isn't for you".( which is just another excuse of course ), there are some parts of it that apply in all forms of recovery.

I hope you can find the strength to make the right choice - because that's really what it's all about. You know that too because you've mentioned it here before. Ranting can be therapeutic, but you've been doing it for years and it's not helping to be frank. Many will pray for you but they can't take the action that you need to take - so we will pray for that.