View Single Post
Old 03-15-2019, 03:01 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Loveblue

Originally Posted by Onefortheditch View Post

this was exactly me so this was good to read. 3 years of tolerance with the occasional realisation of what I was putting up with. But as his behaviour worsened my realisation periods became more frequent. He’s out now for good but I am still grieving for my relationship...the relief hasn’t hit yet but I am hoping it will.
I know this may sound crazy, but he heard made a huge effort to curb the drinking, we were doing well....I think this time, the realization that the past few years have been a lie. He sneaks more than what I knew. Started "brushing his teeth" right before i got home from work...smeared toothpaste and a slopped up sink counter gave it away. But the name calling, that's a really tough one to come back from for me. I'm one of the most mellow and accepting humans you will meet....except for this crap. I know deep in my heart, this is not the life I want for myself. I want a husband who wants to do stuff with me that does not involve or revolve around getting drunk. He has admitted he likes to drink and all actions point to him not stopping for anything or anyone.