Old 03-14-2019, 07:49 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Stayingsassy

To me, there isn’t much to struggle with on the issue.

If you want to drink less, drink less. Maybe you stop for awhile because of the calories, or because of a fitness or career challenge to focus on, maybe you do “dry January” or have long periods where you don’t drink. Maybe you only have a couple on Friday because you’re going to get up to hike Saturday and the plan wasn’t a big party night, then you go hike and you’re more hungry than anything so even though you all go to a brewpub you decide to have the artisan burger and some fries instead of the 4-5 ipa’s everyone else tosses back. Then it’s just a crazy week, so after work you’re at the gym or sleeping and end up not buying alcohol at the store. You go a few weeks and realize you haven’t bought alcohol in a long time and you sort of go huh, I’m not drinking that much anymore, go figure.

That’s what my non alcoholic friends sometimes experience, periods like this. Then sometimes they drink a little more because they’re spending more time with friends on the lake for a bit or they are on vacation, then they go back to normal when they get back to their routine, which doesn’t include daily drinking, binge drinking, or obsession.

Is your experience like this? To me, this is nornal drinking.