View Single Post
Old 03-13-2019, 01:42 PM
  # 482 (permalink)  
time2

Thanks for letting me vent a bit yesterday, I just needed to talk it out. I cringe when I think of all my own history of drunk behavior and what I did and what people thought watching me. And I know I could be back there....
I don't want to go back though.
I don't want to go back.
Just doing my best to protect my decision.

Originally Posted by stargazer016 View Post
We mainly just talked ice hockey with folks online back then. But not for too long a time, because we were charged by the minute for usage.
What a great reminder that we all had landlines back then and using the phone line to get on the internet, no one could call us when we were on the computer. Later they would say, "I tried to call you for hours and your phone was always busy".

Originally Posted by saoutchik View Post
My great uncle Percy, who was a smart guy by all accounts, built his own TV set in the 1930's! He was the 8th person in the country to own a TV licence. He lived about a mile from the first ever transmitter at the Alexander Palace. I wish I or someone in the family still had it.
Nowadays the new trend going around is to purge all your old stuff, clean those attic boxes out and just downsize and get rid of all that old stuff, which is so sad because so many treasured pieces of history were thrown away!

On the Bus!