Thread: Sad tonight.
View Single Post
Old 03-12-2019, 02:23 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Iris1

Originally Posted by dandylion View Post
Iris.....I can imagine how it must feel...to feel so isolated and alone at such a pivotal time in your life.....

I suggest that it is appropriate that you go to the emergency room, if you feel that you are beyond coping...you can call 911 to take you, you can take the baby...and, they will make sure that the baby is well cared for....
They will listen to you, at the emergency room.....and they will take a lot of time to talk to you....
You have mentioned, yourself, about concern about post-partum depression. So, I think it is appropriate to talk to someone who can help you, about this....
Make sure to tell them the really important symptoms and feelings that you are having, and let them know what your current situation is really about....

I think it is important to remember to tell them the following things (that you have shared with us). (make a list if you have to remind yourself of these )…..
1. that...you have been crying constantly since baby is born...
2. that...you don't want to be alone with the baby
3. that...that you want to run away and never come back
4. that...you feel like you are failing as a parent
5. that...you just don't feel "normal"
6. that...you are hating your own thoughts and feel like you are a horrible person
7. that...you are completely alone, isolated and have zero help

I am a medical person, myself...and, while it is typical to have a few days of the "baby blues" for anyone...these are things that I feel go beyond that, and, need attention....They will listen to you, if you tell them about these feelings and things....
This is a way to get help...considering your current situation...

Remember, that you didn't hesitate to get help from the 911 for your boyfriend....I feel like you owe as much to yourself and your son....

Please don't second guess yourself on this....It is not right for you to have to suffer like this.....

Id never hurt my son or myself,so I don’t wanna make it kore
dramatic than it already is. I have made plans to go back to therapy and tell them how I’m feeling. I just don’t want them to think I’m crazy and try taking my baby or something. I feel like my boyfriend being in jail really messed me up. I know he wouldn’t be any help but,I had it in my mind that I wouldn’t be alone here with a newborn feeling anxiety like I do. I don’t know. I just feel so overwhelmed and my mom doesn’t want to be here. I’m so anxious I don’t know if I can keep doing this. I don’t wanna five my son away I just wanna be able to care for him without being so scared. I feel like I’m always gonna panic. I wanna take a walk or something and just sit somewhere quiet. Gather my thoughts. I don’t know. I am just so mentally exhausted.