Thread: No Appetite
View Single Post
Old 03-07-2019, 07:54 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Witchylady

No Appetite

Hi, just found this site (which looks absolutely great) after searching for anything on loss of appetite after stopping drinking.
I stopped two weeks ago and the thought of an alcoholic drink (at the moment) just revolts me (hooray!); however, although I can have breakfast - usually a smoothie with milk, yoghurt, fruit and some wheat based cereal I am struggling with the rest of the day. I feel hungry but as soon as I start to think about what I want to eat I just feel slightly nauseous and don’t.
I own a restaurant and cooking was my passion, but now I just crave wheat based cereals, milk by the gallon and fruits. I have just started on a course of zinc, folic and b vitamins so hopefully that will help, but I am really struggling to eat properly, any advice?
Also, I may well be imagining it, but I am sure my taste seems to have changed drastically. I wish I could just find a really delicious, comforting drink that would make me feel like I have eaten but without chewing. Thanks for reading