View Single Post
Old 03-06-2019, 11:15 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
tomsteve

Originally Posted by willetskillet01 View Post

What are some helpful thoughts on:
1. Relapse prevention
2. Staying “in the boat” - i.e. in the middle of recovery centered lifestyle.
3. Maintaining that drive and newcomer passion to work on my recovery like I used to during my pink cloud.[/left]
1: relapse ends with a drink. a couple things i do to prevent that:
-take accountablity for my life.
-maintain my spiritual condition( steps 10-12)
-practice the principles.
2:having a recovery centered lifestyle had me living in fear- i had to make everything about recovery or id drink. not so. the program was designed for me to have a spiritual awakening and have a spiritually centered life. i do all sorts of things that arent related to recovery now and the program wasnt designed for us to make our lives revolve around recovery:
None of us makes a sole vocation of this work, nor do we think its effectiveness would be increased if we did. We feel that elimination of our drinking is but a beginning. A much more important demonstration of our principles lies before us in our respective homes, occupations and affairs. All of us spend much of our spare time in the sort of effort which we are going to describe.

3: there came a point where i became OK with what i was doing,how i was living, and how i was thinking- i didnt have to work on recovery but had to work on my spiritual condition. i got there my practicing the principles.

its good youre lookin at this willet but be careful about over complicating it. youre right where you are supposed to be and its quite common for this to occur- its another phase of development/spiritual growth