View Single Post
Old 03-06-2019, 08:30 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
mparker42

Question Finding my mind in all this

I have been sober for 4 months now after a long history of the abuse of many substances, more than two decades of abuse. It culminated in a cataclysm of meth and heroine. My lovely wife and I just about lost our lives to both of them. One day we looked at the emaciated skeletons that we had become and decided to live. We were living in our car and had been ditched by everyone in our lives except for her mother. With the help of her mother and a couple of clear heads we now have a room and I have a steady job. We as well just about have her broken car fixed.
My recovery has been an amazing and eye opening experience. I have had no missteps and no real want to go back to my old ways, as much as I do miss them. There is just one reason that I do miss them though. That is that I learned to enjoy everything while on drugs. Now without them I can not seem to enjoy anything. I try writing, drawing, playing games, and meditating, but nothing seems that interesting anymore. I can not hold my attention on anything for more than twenty minutes (most of the time its more like five minutes) without feeling bored. Yet doing nothing seems even more boring. So I go along doing things that I am bored with just to stave off the incessant boredom that doing nothing brings. With everything seeming to loose its color in life I am just hoping and praying for a hobby or anything that I get any enjoyment out of. I am not depressed, in fact most of the time I am quite happy. I am just bored out of my mind.
Any advise from anyone would be amazing. I wish you all a wonderful day.