Thread: Difficult week
View Single Post
Old 02-28-2019, 01:16 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Dee74
Administrator

Why is life like this for some people?
Alcoholically speaking, our life is pretty much dictated by our choices.

Honestly I think if you posted here before you drank, and stopped buying more alcohol, life would be better of you almost instantly.

'But I'm an alcoholic' isn't really a valid excuse especially if you've decided to do this on your own.

George Bush got sober at 40 through Christianity and vigorous exercise. This I believe has a better chance of success for me.
I don;t know anything about Dubyas recovery but that sounds pretty attractive right?

there's nothing there about changing your life and no sense of having to make tough decisions, or make sacrifices.

Unfortunately for me, I had to change my life completely and make some very hard decisions and sacrifices to stay sober.

There's nothing wrong with doing it on your own - I did it - with the help of SR - but you need to make 'I will not drink' an absolute unchangeable and unchallenged aim every day, if you want to get anywhere HC.

Even when every cell is your body is crying out for booze and your stomach is screaming and your skin feels like it's on fire - you can't choose drinking.

The buck stops with you - You're responsible for what you ingest...it's rough man...I really advise you to use the support here as much as you can.

I wish you well.

D