View Single Post
Old 02-27-2019, 11:49 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Troubledone

well, today she asks me if he can use our address for applications for apartments.

I looked it up - if a person allows someone to use their address and their intent is fraud, said person could be sued for fraud themselves.

While it seems "innocent", I said no because I don't know if they want to use this address to influence potential landlords or not (we live in a nice neighborhood and using our address could make him look more stable than he is).

So, yes, the pressure is staying on.

I admit that it has been a little hard. I work from a home office and having my niece floating around the house while she is on the phone with this guy trying to figure this out is a little odd. Just waiting for the next stupid request.

It just does not make sense. She has enough money and a storage unit to put the guy in a cheap hotel, move his stuff to her storage unit and let him pay her back when he sells this so called valuable comic book (of course, that assumes everyone is telling the truth - hmmmm). Why not just cut to the chase and do that.

They are putzing around - he must be out by tomorrow, she has a meeting with her tax person (hasn't filed taxes in 2 years and hopes to get a refund and buy a car), and instead of doing some of this stuff today, they keep spinning their wheels.

Oh, one other wrinkle. She went to look for an apartment (she has a section 8 voucher). If she passes the background check (she's ok if they only go back 7 years, but 10 years ago she committed some big felonies), she might be getting her own place in a few days (fingers crossed). Her plan is to let him move in with her if that occurs.

So, maybe a light at the end of the tunnel, or just another chapter in the never ending drama. If this happens, at least it won't be in my house.

Thanks to all for your support!