View Single Post
Old 02-27-2019, 06:05 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
lightanddark

Originally Posted by TheWayBack View Post
For me, I swear every @!!*## thing is a trigger! Because I did everything when drinking. 'It's sunny, I really need a drink. It's raining, need a drink. Really warm outside today, need a drink. Too cold, need a drink.'

Loneliness is a huge one for me also. My wife will sometimes travel quite a bit. We don't have children at home, not even pets, so I'll be here by myself. I always used being alone here as an excuse to drink. Funny thing is, as soon as she would arrive home, I'd use that as an excuse to drink also because so glad to see her, I should celebrate. For a month. Or just all year.

Not sure how long the craving last. For me, they were awful the first week, but now it's only occasionally. Eating until I'm full helps me get rid of them, usually.
I understand completely with the everything being a trigger! Feeling good? Feeling bad? Both and everything makes me want to drink, smoke pot and just generally not be sober!

Great to hear the cravings are getting easier to deal with keep it up!

Originally Posted by RollMeAway View Post
Man! You’re in college. I’m 28 and drinking kept me out of having a “normal” college experience. I still commuted and graduated from a university but man, deff my biggest regret in life looking back. You’re there now! After that you just work 😂🤙💯 but yea if I were you I’d just got act how you think you act when you’re drinking and you’ll fit in just fine. Unless you’re having more than a FOMO craving. Then idk.
That's why I have quit alcohol, i want a "normal"college experience, not a stressful and sad one. I made it through the day anyways, had a smoothie instead of a drink, cooked my girlfriend a dinner. Just did not give in. And hey I feel better for it (unsuprisingly).

I still have the rest of term and another year here. I know sober I can have the time I enjoy and not have to look back in regret! Cheers for the support guys.