Old 02-12-2019, 08:24 AM
  # 359 (permalink)  
trudgingagain

Ollie, I know that feeling of euphoria...but the first time I got sober, it took about 90 days for the mental fog to finally lift. Do you have a plan, other than "powering through it", for when things are not going so well? In my past experience, when things piled up on me, or there were problems I had (and I've had many) I felt it helpful to talk to another alcoholic, stay busy, "urge surf", etc. Isn't it amazing, when we are not drinking, how we take notice of nature, and just our regular environment? Since I have gotten sober 3 times now (this is my 4th), and each time relapsed, so I have not told anyone about this time,yet. They all know that I am an alcoholic anyway. Actually, I think more people know than I am willing to admit. I have been the one in denial, while everyone around me has watched me or been around me when I have been stumbling drunk. Great that your wife is involved and that you talk about it. I am lucky to have that same relationship with my husband of 20 years. Keep up the great work. Letting others know contributes to your accountability and provides a support system