Old 02-12-2019, 08:02 AM
  # 358 (permalink)  
trudgingagain

Wow! so much to read this morning to catch up! I spent ALL day yesterday doing taxes. Sure glad that I did them sober! I DID take a few breaks, and did my 2.5 mile walk. I even went a new route to change things up a bit, since I used to walk after a couple of glasses of wine in the morning (hair of the dog?)...ugh....just reading that sounds STUPID....who DOES that except an alcoholic????? Anyway, I'm still sober, and have lots to do today. Couldn't (wouldn't) do anything when I was drinking. I was almost becoming agoraphobic, never leaving the house (because I'd drink the day away). Sometimes, I even forgot what I was going to make for dinner, or I wouldn't cook at all and hubby would order in.....ugh! Glad THAT'S over! Went to dinner last night at a small Mexican restaurant that is within walking distance of our house. Boy, did I want a glass of wine! BUT...didn't have one...instead, water with lemon.

Sober369...my doctor told me to drink 3 liters of water each day. Belated happy birthday! I, too am changing my routine.
WhoDey...you sound just like me, except that I would check out for the WHOLE day, sometimes (I'm retired...which gave me more time to drink). I never made any appointments prior to 11:00 am, just to see how I would feel in the morning first, and then have tome to cancel!
Foie Gras...I hope you're feeling better! I remember when I first got sober (1991), that I got sick often in the early years. I think if I was sick when I was drinking, II would just drink my way through it so I never FELT sick...I was just drunk
Sober81...I have been on and off valium for years, due to debilitating panic attacks. Fortunately, when I stopped taking them, I didn't have any withdrawal symptoms. Sorry you're going though this, on top of staying sober!
Addy....glad you are coming out of your "dark place". I think that most of us have been there; I know I have. I read on the forums about making a list of what you want to do today, and check them off as you go....kinda like a "list of thing to do today. Alcohol stopped working for me too. I think my tolerance was so high that I kept trying to get that "buzz", but then went waaaay past the buzz and ended up drunk again!As for meditation, there's great stuff on utube and many apps that help guide you. I learned how to meditate from a great yoga teacher that I had in Costa Rica....it REALLY helps!
NotMe...Hang in there...you will sleep much better soon! Maybe keep a notebook near your bed and write down your worries/fears/regrets, etc.? It might help to get them out of your head....just a thought...
Ollie...My husband and I often wake up and say "another groundhog day"! When you're retired, sometimes it feels that way....lol

Well, I'm off to finish just a couple of things before my CPA appt. at 11:15. Have a great, sober day everyone!