Old 02-12-2019, 07:11 AM
  # 355 (permalink)  
StartingOverNW

Good morning everyone. Its morning of day 3 for me and I'm feeling a lot better. The hot/cold flashes are gone and my nerves feel a lot calmer. I'm still in a complete head fog but should be able to get through another work day without too much trouble. Its helpful that we're also having snow storms here so people are mostly working from home and the work environment is pretty relaxed this week. I was supposed to meet with my new sponsor tonight but I don't think thats going to happen because of the snow so I might check out an "in the rooms" online meeting.

Congrats Canuck, Ollie, NotMe, and everyone counting days on another day

Happy birthday Karen!

Addy - Thank you for your story. Though I didn't bring it up in my intro, I can relate to the early trauma part. Unfortunately I think thats common for a lot of us - stuff that happens in childhood can shape the rest of our lives. I can't relate to the stay at home parent part, but it reminds me a lot of my sister who is in a similar spot in her life. I know you're not alone there. I wonder if there are support groups for parents going through the same thing?

I can also relate to you, NotMe, and others feeling low energy. I feel that way too actually. I'm keeping good memories in mind though of past times I've sobered up and usually it takes 1-2 months for me to get a lot of my mental energy back, so I figure for me it will get better with sober time, and also good nutrition, sleep, exercise, re/connection with people and all of the healthy healing things that we get to do in sobriety. The first 1-2 weeks is still very early - I would just give it time!

Take care everyone