View Single Post
Old 02-12-2019, 05:29 AM
  # 335 (permalink)  
kenton

I'm so sorry you had such a bad day yesterday, Suze. I hope today is better. Sending you loads of love.
Good luck with the job application Listae and thank you for the daily reflections - I really enjoy reading them and they help me every day so thank you xxx
Congrats on 100 days Chaisson and everyone else celebrating a milestone today.

My big news is that I think I might be slowly turning into a slightly more rational person! Well, I think I'm taking steps in the right direction at least. My birthday is coming up and my mum always forgets it. I know it's very childish of me to still be bothered about this but the fact is, it does bother me. Especially because she remembers all my siblings birthdays. Heck, she even remembers my husband's birthday and she didn't give birth to him!! Anyway, my goal is to get to the point where I'm so happy and secure in myself, I don't care whether she forgets my birthday …. and I'm making progress towards that goal but I'm not there yet. So, I thought that rather than wait for my birthday to arrive and then get upset when she forgets, I will give her a few reminders beforehand. I phoned her up this morning, had a nice chat and at the end I mentioned my upcoming birthday. I was honest about it... I told her it upsets me when she forgets it and I asked whether she could try to remember it this year. She was fine about it, she said she'll make a note of it on her calendar. All good. Then she said, 'Oh, I've just written it on the calendar and your birthday is on the same day that I'm going to …….. (my sister's name) for lunch.' I said, 'that's nice' and I should have left it there. But I didn't. I asked, 'who else is going for lunch?' So, anyway it turns out that on my birthday, my 2 sisters, my mum, my aunt and my nephews and nieces are all meeting for lunch. And I'm not. And this is where I think I'm slowly edging my way towards becoming a rational person. Because in the past, this would upset me very much. And if I'm being honest, it has upset me a little but not too much. The way that I look at it now is that it's nice for them all to meet up and I don't need to be invited. Not everything has to be about me. They don't know what plans I have for my birthday and they don't owe me an invite. Also, it feels really marvellous to know that I'm getting on very well at the moment with my mum and my sisters and that I don't need to waste any energy getting upset about this. I can spend my birthday with my family and keep my energy positive and upbeat. And if my birthday arrives and my mum still forgets, well... it's not the end of the world. It's hard for me to not take things personally because I'm such a sensitive soul but if taking things personally leads to me always getting hurt.... well, I'm going to choose to not take things personally. Emotional growth..... it's actually happening!! 24 more for me please xxxx