View Single Post
Old 02-12-2019, 12:31 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  
Purplethistles

I don't know your story HH. What I do know is how much it drains the life and soul out of a person, staying in a miserable relationship. In terms of religion, I believe in a loving God, I am sure spending a lifetime in misery is not what He would want for you.

I read a phrase once, I can't remember where now but it's always stuck in my head. "Only marry a man if you would be happy for your son to grow up to be like". Unfortunately I came across that a bit late and am in the process of ending my second marriage.

Having been though a divorce once with our four children, I can tell you that no matter how difficult it was at the time, the joy that came into my life afterwards made it all so worth it. Without the bad atmosphere and my sadness weighing on me, I became a much better mother, one that laughed, sang and danced with the children. I also learned how strong a woman I really was. The children went from strength to strength, thriving once they no longer had to live with an addict parent and a depressed one. No matter how much you try to hide it from kids, they know, even if they don't really understand.

The loss of the life you thought you would have when you first married is painful and divorce for some I think is a period of grief. Grief for how things could have been, the hope that was once there. But letting go of someone that brings us pain, in whatever form, is never wrong.

I wish you the best x