View Single Post
Old 02-11-2019, 09:08 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
trailmix

Originally Posted by Michsm View Post
I feel like a failure in the marriage because looking back there were so many red flags from the first moment I met him and continued on to marry him. That is where my failure feelings come in. I really am much happier without him and know what I did was the right decision but I think I need some counseling.
I doubt there are many people - anywhere - that haven't been a relationship that wasn't all it probably should be and got married as well.

I don't see that as a failure at all. These are experiences in life, it's not little compartments of ourselves (if that makes sense). If we never went out of our comfort zones that would be pretty damn boring.

Now, that said, once we learn things it's wise to follow our wisdom. How do we get wise if we never venture?

If you feel you might be depressed, if you feel you need counselling, I hope you will seek it out today. When you are down it's probably the last thing you want to do, but baby steps, maybe make a phone call and make an appointment to see someone, even your GP, to talk about how you are feeling.