Old 02-04-2019, 08:46 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
klekota

Originally Posted by suki44883 View Post
If you have all the evidence you say you do, I would contact another attorney. The days of the mother always getting custody are over. If you have proof she is abusing the child, then make sure it is in a safe place, contact the domestic violence hotline and let them help you and your child get away safely. You are NOT trapped! Your child needs your help!

I thought the same thing. I am not in the states, I'm in Canada so I'm not sure how the laws work here. The thought from the attorney is since she is now been seemingly sober the past 4 weeks that she is no longer a danger and since I didn't call the cops when the abused happened it will not hold up in court that she is a danger. That's one of the reasons I feel so cornered. I was afraid if I called the cops she would somehow make more outrageous accusations about me....and I was also trying to work with her to get help. Clearly it was a poor choice as I exposed my child to this awful behavior and now it's at the expense of their own safety and future well being. I am sickened by this all. As the other poster suggested, I will call the abuse hotline and go over things with them tomorrow. Hopefully they can meet with me and give me guidance.