Thread: Homeless Sister
View Single Post
Old 01-31-2019, 12:19 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Misc72

Homeless Sister

I sent my sister to Jax, FL to a Sober Living American home 2 weeks before Christmas, where she shared an apt. with 6 other women. It was a sucky situation in a 2 bedroom apt and pretty much slum ville in a complex with lots of other addicts trying to change... Or should I say ran out of options. They provided her with a bed, a job and ride. I sent her down there with the basics and she could have pulled through but she chose to leave on Jan. 3rd.

Went to a homeless shelter and got into a residential program at the shelter. She chose to leave the that program on 1/15. She is currently sleeping in a park in Jax. Fl. I got a call from today as one of the ladies from the mission spotted her and made her call me. All she said was I'm alive, and then started balling. She didn't ask for anything at all. I can tell she is close to death.

All I can do it cry. I can't save her anymore. I've tried and tried. I'm in thousands of dollars and so much emotional pain. I guess I have to just let her die on the streets in a different state where she doesn't know anyone. I wonder if I will even get notified if she does end up dead.

For any of you that have recently read my post about terminating my mother from my company, as if that wasn't enough stress.

Just wondering how to handle this without going into saving mode...

I'm tired of this family.

Sidenote: just went to court with my brother on Monday as he and my adult nephew had a brawl on Christmas morning and my brother is being charged with assault with a deadly weapon.

My nephew live with my Alcoholic Mother and they share a wall with my brother (duplex). My mother is not a good example sitting in her kitchen day in and day out drinking....