View Single Post
Old 01-24-2019, 12:19 PM
  # 250 (permalink)  
MantaLady
Ocean Lover!

Gosh, so much activity so I need to catch up but wanted to initially say to Taooo and Tetra to hang in there and keep being strong, you can both do this!!

So the work situation update...so glad I am out of there next week! Had the meeting with the big bosses and I pushed back on a lot of things, said "I am afraid I don't accept that" quite a lot when they were trying to blame things on me that were not my mistakes to take the blame for. It was a very fraught meeting and they sure as hell did not expect me to fight back. They mentioned this getting to the meeting in their eyes late (even though I was 10 minutes early!) and said that I didn't seem to care or be bothered about that which really annoyed them on the day. I pointed out that they called me to arrange a room that they actually didn't need because they didn't read the invite properly which meant I missed my ferry as I had to try and sort a room for them. I pointed out that firstly I was not late, and secondly I would have been there 40 minutes earlier if I had not received this "emergency call" from them that wasn't an actual emergency. "What part in this scenario is my actual fault here?" They didn't like me saying that as they didn't have an answer. I also pointed out that I didn't act stressed by what happened that morning as I do not kick myself over things that are beyond my control. They didn't like that either.

When one of them said "I am really angry with you for not working over the weekend and doing the work that the Project Manager failed to do, you should have done this". This is the point I said that it seems clear to me that this is an untenable situation and it is not going to work for me so I think it is best if we agree do disagree and part company. They didn't think I would do that, they thought they could be unreasonable and I would fall into line. They picked the wrong sober person to mess with lol.

I have learned so much about myself since going to rehab and getting sober, I actually have confidence in my own abilities (most of the time), I like myself and I also have got some self respect back. Before I got sober I would have let this happen to me, ended up working myself into ill health and depression and drank home alone to cope with it all.

There is another big meeting next week, all of a sudden I am really needed lol. If I was so crap at my job then why on earth would they about turn overnight and then claim I am good at what I do and they really need me to be there. They are a joke. I made it clear that I would not be attending that meeting in London as that would be my last day working for them.

Anyhow, enough rambling...MR, Bim, Willow......don't be in too much of a hurry to get a job lol!! They suck xx