View Single Post
Old 01-16-2019, 05:15 PM
  # 495 (permalink)  
matrac

DS have you ever tried CBT for your anxiety? The objective would be to deconstruct or challenge your thinking at critical points to de-escalate the anxiety. You challenge the validity of the offending thoughts (aka the cause of the anxiety) as they come By asking yourself some reality based questions . It takes time to learn, but it can be very empowering and help to decrease your anxiety over time. Desensitization also comes to mind, but Im not sure how that would be approached in your situation. I’m hoping that you can have your EGD soon so that you can focus on getting some relief. I applaud you for being so strong about your sobriety in the face of the suffering I hear in your voice.

Barbs, sounds like you’re doing well. I can’t imagine a spin class. I have been so on edge with my mom here that I have been busying myself cleaning and cooking and running errands and I am loosing weight that way.

Bekind, too bad that your sisters are not there for you when you’re depressed. Wonder where the anger comes from? Do they feel frustrated because they cant help you? As for the drinking....nothing wrong with saying “I just dont want a drink today”. You dont owe excuses? Anyway, we are here and I’ll always listen.

Hope all the rest of you are doing OK today....

Check in later
Bonnie