View Single Post
Old 01-14-2019, 06:45 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
D122y
Blue Belt

Kiki,

I don't miss out. I go everwhere, including Vegas, and have a great time.

It was harder at first and now it is easier.

Many folks disagree with this, but I have made it this far so I figure I can keep going for now.

I was at a show last night. There were just a few people drinking. 95% had nothing in their hand.

As an addict for life, I notice this always. I got a front row seat to what happens to drunks last week. My Dad, who drinks, came to visit.

He stayed for a while so I got to see the effects over time. Since he was vacationing, he claimed to be drinking more than usual.

The bottom line was he would be moody until he got a drink, then he would get happy, then he would get tired. It was the same thing every day. I had to try and balance this instability every day.

It is sad to see. He would drink even with a full belly. I never could do that. Plus, drinking from a bar is expensive...$15 a drink usually. I used to always pre drink. So sad.

Eventually, he started to get sick, either from detox or from a lingering cold that kept on because booze saps the immune system.

I think suffering through anything strengthens and hardens us. It has also made me more patient and tolerant.

I put myself in different situations now that I am no longer hiding behind my addiction. I am in front and dealing with life as it comes.

Hopefully for the better.

Thanks.