View Single Post
Old 01-13-2019, 03:25 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
kiki26

Originally Posted by Fearlessat50 View Post
Kiki, I totally know what you mean. This is another reason why I don’t do social media anymore either. I think that was a separate addiction perhaps and it made me more depressed and fueled my alcohol addiction. People actively engaged on social media only present what they want others to see and what they want to believe about themselves as well. I saw a lot of fake (I like to call it Fakebook now, a lot of hypocrisy, pretend lives, denial, outright lies. Of course, there are honest folks on social media too, but I don’t know how they stand all the phonies and stay active on these sites.

Sorry for the rant. I realize I completely got away from the subject

I distanced myself from some of my friends as well. Some of these friendships have been rebuilt. Some are in the past and will stay there. The ones that didn’t last were not meant to. . These people were negative energy in my life and no good for me.

Some of those friends from the past are more of a mess now than before. They have their own drinking or other addiction problems, job, marital or financial troubles. You’d never know it from social media though!

I went through a lonely phase. But Ive made new friends who are a lot deeper. My life is really different now and so much better.
I agree about social media. It seems to be something that makes me feel mostly bad about my life. Even knowing that things aren’t how people present them, there are still the insecure feelings.