View Single Post
Old 01-13-2019, 06:41 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  
ru12

If you are an 'alcoholic' I surely won't laugh at the though of you moderating, I do cringe a bit though. You were active in AA. There is a test in there for you to decide if you are alcoholic: go down to the local bar and have a few and stop abruptly, do this a number of times, if you can just stop without desiring more, then you may not be an alcoholic. And perhaps you aren't.

But why did you stop drinking? What damage has alcohol caused in your life that you went to AA for 7 months? And what magic do you think you will find in that bottle?

I've been sober for a good while now and when I look at what alcohol gave me and what it took away I made the right choice for me. But I am much older than you and I drank heavily for decades. There was not mystery to me what was in store for me if I kept along that path.

Many people seem to be able to moderate their drinking. At least it seems that way from the outside. But the more I look closely at it, I think moderation is a stage of drinking. Alcohol is an addictive drug. That is a fact. And the more you take the better the chance you will become addicted.

Tread carefully out there.