View Single Post
Old 01-12-2019, 06:12 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  
CRRHCC

Originally Posted by Realest View Post
I’ve been through steps 1-9, and live in steps 10,11, and 12. I go to meetings and have commitments. I read spiritual literature and practice prayer and meditation diligently. But lately I feel doubt creeping in. I still pray and meditate but I don’t really feel a connection. I have about a year sober. Does it take time to develop a relationship with God? I. Get jealous when people say they have a Strong relationship with God. I just feel like I don’t get it. Can anyone give me Advice?
In my opinion, developing any relationship takes dedication and time.
It starts with inviting God into your life, asking Him to guide your footsteps and help you make wise decisions, asking that you can be sensitive to His will for you. "Grow close to God and He will grow close to you." James 4:8. Neurons that fire together, wire together. Where attention goes, neuro-firing flows and neuroconnection grows!

While there are many secular approaches to resolving addictive behavior, the ultimate, empowering and truly unique solution, only comes from God, with an indwelling and seminal psychotherapist and psychoanalyst (Paraclete/Mentor) and He’s freely provided it to every one of His children. “He gives power to the weak and strength to the powerless” (Isaiah 40:29). ​"His grace is sufficient for us, for there is power in weakness." 2 Cor. 12:9-10

Surrender is the ultimate expression of Faith. there are three levels of knowing God: recognition, acquaintance, and friendship. You may be at the recognition level: You know God is there, but you don’t really know him. Or, you may be at the acquaintance level: You know God, but not very well.

Surrender is a choice to love God 100%, to do your best! To love God with all your heart, mind, soul and strength.

Life is not easy, painless or fair. Life is about finding purpose in circumstances that render humans feeling helpless, powerless, trapped and out of control. It's human nature to seek control, to regain control over helpless issues and circumstances. Hurts, habits and hangups are all about how we seek to regain control of our feelings, our emotions.
If we are willing to humble ourselves, swallow our pride and give God control ("My grace is sufficient for you, there is power in weakness."), then God will return that control to you with a Helper. (John 14:16). This is the concept of, “Intelligent Delegation and Reciprocal Innervation.” You give control to God and God returns it to you with the fruits or values of the Holy Spirit (Gal 5:22-23). Self control is one of those fruits or values.

The truth is we have nothing to lose and everything to gain(Pascal’s Wager).