View Single Post
Old 01-12-2019, 12:36 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Grungehead
Grateful

Originally Posted by Realest View Post
I did that last week I wrote down a four column inventory called my sponsor and it helped. But sometime I fall victim to childish emotions and can’t control my frustration with this big book thumpers. But I’ll try to take your advice . Thank you,
You're welcome! Actually I think some would have labeled my sponsor as a "big book thumper", but I saw him as a mentor with over 20 years of sober wisdom and experience. He knew the Big Book inside and out (he considered it a text book), but he had a knack for being able to take whatever text we were studying and provide real life experiences that helped it make sense to me. Anytime I quote something from the Big Book I try to do the same by following it up with my own experiences. Otherwise, being able to rattle off quotes from the Big Book only proves that I'm good at memorizing things.

BTW the "sick man's prayer" really works! I didn't believe it would until I tried it on a stubborn resentment I had against a former employer for over a decade. This person was on my 4th step and was included in my amends but I still felt a lingering resentment against them. I prayed for them for 2 weeks and sometime during that 2 weeks the resentment finally left me.