View Single Post
Old 01-12-2019, 04:03 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
August252015

I too can get annoyed at people in the meetings for various reasons. While I know plenty of passages (I read parts of the BB daily and have always been someone I'd describe as one who "sees in words" so I recall words and phrases easily) but I don't usually quote.

I have to remind myself, though - not to take other people's inventory. That includes being annoyed at BB quoters, and taking them as know it alls - maybe they are, and yet....maybe that's just what keeps them sober. I never- NEVER- know exactly what someone else's mind is running on about.

I definitely "feel" things about others - as those above have said, this applies everywhere, not just in AA - and to paraphrase the part in the BB "when I am disturbed"....I'm best off considering if that annoyance is actually something about me (maybe I have come off as a know it all plenty of times, ha ) and then getting back to the plenty I have to tend to about my own kind of alcoholism and recovery.

I can be an eye roller and I have to work on curbing that. Drunkalogues, for example, really grate on me. I try to remember that I heard good advice early on to look for the people who have what I want. So, like you said, the helpful people who, in the scenario of BB quoting and referencing, back it up w their experiences.

Great job on a year- I've had to make sure I keep learning and expecting change and progress in my ability to understand what I need to do, and what I need to do to help others. Keep going!

Glad you are here.