Old 01-11-2019, 12:47 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
atalose

I feel like people shut me down as soon as I say that I love a heroin addict,just really irks me. My family,everyone.
I’m sure your family and everyone just wants what is the best and healthiest for YOU and the reality of life with an active addict is not at all healthy.

I know he could do better,be a good person. We have had deep conversations about it and just moments where he has had pure clarity over his whole situation.
Don’t you think you deserve more than just “moments”? More than just someone who sleeps on your couch and takes your food once in a while?
I just can’t abandon him.
Puppies, kittens and small children get abandoned, not grown men.

I feel like im baby sitting a reckless child when he’s here,but I do love him so much.
It feels like you are babysitting because you are choosing to baby sit a grown man.

I know a different person is in there and that’s why I try so hard.
But you have to date who he is today, not who you think he could become once he gets a hold of his addiction. That day may never ever come and when it does who’s to say that the wonderful person you think he could become actually shows up or even sticks around?

Yes you love him, yes you have an idea of how you want and wish life could be with him but sometimes life just doesn’t work out how we wanted. An active addict does not make a good boyfriend and especially does not make a good father.