Old 01-11-2019, 12:04 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
trailmix

Originally Posted by Iris1 View Post
but if I could prolong his life and get him off drugs then that’s a fair trade to me.
It sounds like this is about you, not about him really? What you have mentioned in the part I quoted isn't really your call?

You didn't Cause it, can't Control it, can't Cure it. Those words are true. He will get sober when he's ready and not one minute before that.

We don't really have the right to control anyone at anytime. People have their own lives to live, no matter who they are or their relationship to us (this includes children too). Would you want someone dictating your life?

Have you read Melody Beattie's book - Codependant no more? I'm not saying you are or aren't codependant, of course and frankly i'm tired of the word, but you might find discussion of boundaries etc helpful.

You don't know where he is, even if you did want to turn him in so getting involved at this point, regardless, is probably just trying to grab some control that you don't really have?

Please know that none of this is said harshly. It's a really emotional and tough time you are going through and I understand that but truly, the focus should be on you and your baby, that's where your happiness will be found.

He will eventually be going to jail anyway.