Old 01-10-2019, 09:50 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Iris1

If you had the chance to put an addict in jail,,would/should you?

My boyfriend is a heroin addict. He got in a lot of trouble a while back,but got out of it as long as he agreed to drug court. He told them he would go,but never did. He has a warrant on him and if they caught him he would have to serve 3-5 years in jail. As soon as he found out he had a warrant he left my house and I’m not even sure where he is at now.

I’m worried sick. He has almost died in the past. He is extremely reckless and I know that it’s a matter of time before he dies. I don’t wanna get that phone call. I’m pregnant with his son and the last thing I want is for my son to grow up never knowing anything about his father except that he overdosed.

My boyfriend would probably never speak to me again. He has stated in the past that he would not go back to jail he would rather die,etc. but if I could prolong his life and get him off drugs then that’s a fair trade to me. I’ve never turned my back on him and I’ve always been there when he needed me but I know in situations like this sometimes you have to just do what is best for them,not what they want. I know it’s not a sure fix but it would give him time to get clean.

Stuck in this hard spot,I’ve lost people to addiction before and I can’t do it again. I can’t get that phone call that he’s dead..it would destroy me. I need advice.