Old 01-10-2019, 02:48 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Wamama48

Originally Posted by SmallButMighty View Post
I'm sorry you are hurting Wamama. This is some tough stuff you and your husband are both enduring. It stands to reason that feelings are raw. I know that doesn't make it feel any better.

You have every right to protect yourself and to follow your instincts about what that means to and for you. We all only have a limited amount of giving before we start depleting ourselves... it kind of sounds like you are getting to this point and need to take a breather. Take all the breaths you need! I think letting your husband fend for himself a bit is a good idea. Set that burden down, give your shoulders a break. Walk away when he is being less than you deserve. I know it also stands to reason that we want support from our spouses, but unfortunately it sounds like your husband is still too broken to be that source...for now. You have done a great job of working on YOU, I think you need to keep doing that without expecting him to be your leaning post. We can be that for you, others can be that, but I don't think he is ready yet. He is probably barely managing to hold himself together. I know that's a bitter, bitter pill.

You asked about what to tell your son about you sleeping in another room. I don't know how many questions he would ask, but can you just tell him something like, " I'm just more comfortable in spare bed." ? It wouldn't be a lie and doesn't offer more info then he needs. I know you are concerned about overloading his circuits. I can only imagine how exhausting it is having this extra challenge on top of what you are already dealing with. I'm a mom, my heart goes out to you.

***BIG HUGS***
Thank you. Yes, regarding our son, its always best to keep it simple, thank you for that reminder. He seems better today. Dad has him out chopping firewood, and I know with boys, physical work helps them a lot.