Old 01-10-2019, 02:46 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Wamama48

Originally Posted by tomsteve View Post
i could comment on a bit:
a person that has completed the first 3 steps will jump into the 4th without hesitation. one line from the BB that came to mind:
Though our decision was a vital and crucial step, it could have little permanent effect unless
at once
. not next week or next month.
followed by a strenuous effort to face, and to be rid of, the things in ourselves which had been blocking us.

many many times ive seen people get to step 4 and pause. many end drinking again. many are a dry drunk until that drink happens .others pop their heads outta their buts and continue with the steps.

it might be wise to not count on someone that is mentally unavailable for support

p.s.
on this
Do RA's normally turn into a complete a** when they get close to 1 year!?
anyone who isnt working to change- yes they do.

Thank you for your take on things from a RA perspective. Mid way in his recovery he was emotionally available and supportive. We were beginning to be happy and make a lot of marital progress. Then, by his own admission, he got stuck on step 4 and it went downhill from there. I suspected that might be the reason for the backwards slide, but wasn't sure. At least I know now what the problem is, and that IF he gets back with the program, he will get back to progressing.