Old 01-10-2019, 06:13 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
hopeful4

I am so sorry you are hurting. The reality is, someone being sober does not make them a nice or changed person. I think after a period of time, when they get back to their day to day, you begin to see who they really are. The other reality, and I absolutely say this kindly, is that living with someone who is depressed is stressful. I say this because he is working on both, his sobriety, and living with a depressed person. Add in family stress and financial stress....it's a lot to deal with. I am certainly not defending him, I am just saying he may be in a place that he is barely holding it together for himself and truly has nothing to give right now. Only you can decide if that is acceptable. Him being hurtful is wrong, and is that who he is now?? I don't know. I can see you likely don't either.

I encourage you to get out and have more face to face support. If that means support groups, meetings, whatever. Walk in, be open, be honest. Make connections with people who are in the place to be of support to you.

It's wonderful that you are in therapy and finding that beneficial. Stay the course. It's up and down, but pays off in the end.

Sending you huge hugs friend. You deserve to be treated with kindness. We all do.