Old 01-10-2019, 04:52 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  
Meraviglioso

Originally Posted by JustTony View Post
Shaking when trying to fill in a form, write notes, sign a golf card - just about anything that involves handwriting in front of others was deeply, deeply embarrassing. What makes it worse was that I was widely known as a person that (used to) have good handwriting.

Other things like drinking a coffee in a meeting and holding the cup with both hands .... seeing eyes watching you put it to your mouth.... knowing eyes.....
Yep, awful. Most mortifying of all was standing at the bar at 9am. Here in Italy "bars" serve coffee and pastries in the morning and then aperitivo in the evenings. So the mornings they are full of people having an espresso. But the alcohol is there and you can order it any time. 9 am, glass of wine in front of me, coffees all around me, I just know getting the glass to my mouth steadily is going to be a challenge so I try and wait until the the people around me are looking the other way. I can't wait any longer and my hand shakes all the way to my mouth, spilling a little out as I sip. The barista definitely saw it, sadly, on more than one occasion. So glad to not be visiting bars at all any more, I make my coffee at home and enjoy my alcohol free morning.