View Single Post
Old 01-01-2019, 02:43 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  
August252015

SO awesome reading your posts since I asked if you were doing ok

Two things have popped out at me in all of your posts -
You left when something in a scenario started to bother you.
You have chosen not to go in the first place.

Those two things were among THE most important decisions I made in early sobriety. I even considered "early" well into my second year - and some would say I was extremely conservative on when and to what I said yes. I have never regretted turning down an invite or leaving early- even if I could look back and say "yeah, I'd have been ok!"

Curious if you have decided to start AA? Or what things you are actively doing to have your sobriety and be off to such a good start?

And to what others have said - being sober and truly living in recovery (which is beyond just being sober, IME and IMO) is the best way I can imagine living. The struggles and issues - whether ones like spending time with different people or not going places I used to, or turning down a holiday invite with fam that I need would be super stressful....not going on a trip or to a wedding....everything is easier sober. The stuff I do is more fun. And beyond any of that- everything is CLEARER. That's so important for me because it means that- good and bad- I have a way better chance at dealing with life, whatever comes.

Glad you are with us - keep it up!