Old 12-31-2018, 10:41 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  
dandylion
Community Greeter

MCE......Being a single parent will teach a person to "think outside the box" quicker than anything I know of....lol...(I spent several years as a single parent, with 3 young children...and their dad was of no help to me at all...in fact, he was obstructive, whenever he got the chance)…..
during that time...I, also, went through a graduate level program (Physician Assistant Program)….which was very demanding....sometimes--36hrs. on duty, and 24hrs off duty, at the hospital.....
And, total driving time was 3hrs. per day. I survived by the help of my community of other single parents.....we all relied on each other, soo much....

I highly suggest that you explore and locate other single parents in your locale....there are bound to be other parenting groups....and single parent organizations....you will find that they will welcome you into their midst.....it will, also, provide you with a pleasant social network that you probably never knew that existed...

LOL....I just thought of something really funny....(I hope you have a shred of humor...)…..Have you ever seen the sitcom "Two and a half Men?" …..basically, two brothers live together, after the separation/divorce of one of the brothers. One brother, and, his young son, moved into the home of the other brother.....
You situation sounds very much the same.....the show is hilarious...despite the fact that I find the show to be sexist in the attitude toward women....
But, it does demonstrate some of the challenges of being a single parent...and, how family and community can help out....