Old 12-29-2018, 07:24 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Dee74
Administrator

Originally Posted by OtterIsland View Post
But it feels like nothing got better....it only got worse ��
I think if you went back through your posts you'd see that quite a few things got better

I had to have faith so that even when it felt like things would never change, I still stayed on the right road.

Things do get better - noine would stay sober if they didn't. They may not get better immediately tho - it take more than a few weeks... I think things began to turn for me at 90 -120 days sober.

Drinking made me expect immediate gratification., I forgot the value of persistence faith and effort.

Try not to let despair overwhelm you.
Some things take time to change - but they're worth waiting for

Nothing can dull the feelings more or better....
what if the answer is not to dull the feelings, but actively face and deal with them, engage them and move through them to a new level of happiness peace and contentment otterisland?

Wow....just wow. Have I ever spoken to a counselor?? Of course I have, ever since 2010!!
Everyone trying to help - and none of us is clairvoyant

I really think you'll be amazed how much better things could be in 6 months if you commit to not taking a drink, no matter what, and in doing whatever it takes to be happily sober...including maybe finding a new therapist.

If things are still crap then, you have my permission to come back and smack me all around the forum

D