View Single Post
Old 12-28-2018, 09:07 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
4sobriey

New here 150 days sober

I decided to become a member because I desired an outlet. I had drink for many years but it slowly progressed and my drinking was isolating me, as I would come home every day and start drinking. Days off pretty much went the same. I decided to quit drinking on my own...it probably wasn't the best decision but my shame wouldn't let me reach out! I hid my addiction from as many people as I could. I suffered a great deal by quitting on my own but I chained myself to sobriety. It turned out to be rough the first week. The withdrawal left me confused, lathargic and at times unresponsive. I did finally reach out! After the first 30 days I fell in love with sobriety...sobriety gave me my life back. I could leave the house...drive to the store at any time and not wait for someone to take me. Though sobriety is not easy all the time. How could I not have love and gratitude for the thing that saved my life! I have been told that I talk about sobriety like it's a "life partner"...we are in it for life so that works for me! 150 days sober!