Old 12-24-2018, 10:22 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
zerothehero
waking down

Originally Posted by tracer View Post
funny i just got off the phone with a recovering addicted who has opted out of the 12 step program for marijuana maintenence. feels it is working for him as the pot takes the edge off life and helps him manage it. he previously had 3 years clean in NA. we'll see how it works out for him.was an alcoholic and heroin/crack addict.
It could work for him, and certainly weed is less harmful than alcohol or narcotics, but my concern is he's remaining a buzzhound. He's not making friends with his mind as it is - without weed or other substances. He's not rewiring his brain to be okay without any drug, including THC.

One of my best friends did "marijuana maintenance" on and off, but always relapsed on alcohol, and then the vodka killed him.

I know lots of people who claim to be "sober" and "in recovery" but who use THC regularly if not daily. I think they're fooling themselves, but I don't tell them that. Their health is their responsibility.

THC is a powerful substance, and people sure like to deny that fact. I've had panic attacks on it, freaked out, muscle spasms, paralyzed and prone on the pavement... In my acidhead days I used to think THC was a more unpredictable and potentially bummer high than LSD. But that's just me...

I'd rather have a nation of stoners than some kind of opioid/meth zombie apocalypse, but let's not fool ourselves. THC is a drug, and cannabis users are high. That's not recovery.