View Single Post
Old 12-10-2018, 09:30 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
tracer

Originally Posted by FlyingDutchMan View Post
Tracer, I feel for you. You're in a country where legalization has just begun. But bear in mind, I live in a country famous for its liberal ways of dealing with marijuana. There's a legal selling point (we call them coffee shops) literaly a couple of hundred meters from my home.

While it might give you an idea that it's all cool, that everyone is using it, that it's harmless...you have to look at yourself and only yourself. Does it work for you? Are you totally happy when smoking regularly or even daily? Are you the person you want to be when you smoke a lot? Speaking for me, I wasn't. Something had to change, no matter how much the stuff was on offer.

I wish you strength and courage!
I hear you. Every day there is something new in the news. friday it was cannabis infused yoga classes and today its cannabis infused coffee. I get how it's similar to alcohol, but it has never been cool and acceptable to drink at yoga studio, or with coffee before work. drinking alcohol in the morning is considered alcoholism, but drinking cannabis coffee is a health benefit ? I do think being stoned all the time would help me deal with life's frustrations, as when I did smoke pot it made me not care so much about things, took the edge off. Now with all the helth benefits being advertised, its really hard to stay abstinent. I used to think if I smoked pot it would lead me back to drinking, and it would make me paranoid and depressed, but now with all the strains its making me second guess myself and my choices.
Now even in some AA meetings cannabis is not considered a drug.