View Single Post
Old 12-01-2018, 05:38 AM
  # 34 (permalink)  
MCESaint

UPDATE:

(Just a note to clarify -- while I like Sasha's order, that - as I understand it - was entered into in the context of a divorce and custody arrangement pursuant to the divorce. My situation is a bit different. No divorce proceedings (yet) have been filed and may never be (no need to rush into THAT decision. Instead, my situation is framed as a "child protective" matter and there are some limits, in this state, that apply to such an order).

Anyway, went to Court yesterday to see about getting the "Ex Parte Order of Child Protection" turned into a "Full Order of Child Protection."

At the hearing we agreed to a "Full Order of Child Protection By Consent" - or mutual agreement . This means that the Court made NO findings that AW had subjected DS to danger by drinking and driving with him.

The Order is in effect for 9 months (but can be renewed if need). AW wanted 6 months; I had initially pushed for 1 year -- but suggested we "split the difference" at 9 months since, if I count from when she went into rehab in Oct., that would be almost 1 year (hopefully) of sobriety.

All of AW's visits are supervised by people that I choose. AW has supervised visits every Saturday. AW, with supervisor, can pick child up from daycare on Tuesdays at noon and return him to me by 7 p.m. AW can call/Skype every day.

AW is excluded from our house and excluded from daycare at all other times.

DS may (but doesn't have to) spend Saturday into Sunday overnight at grandparents (AW's parents - there the only grandparents still living).

Any violation of the order = contempt of court with potential fines and imprisonment.

Not perfect, but no true agreement ever is.

AW seemed sedate, calm, almost subdued. This being a "high stress" situation for her (she was VERY worried about going into Court beforehand), I'd say this is a GOOD change for her. Seems like she IS staying on her bi-polar meds and staying sober (though, she mentioned later on the telephone that she'd been on "house arrest" at the Sober Living House -- but, I don't ask why - not my circus, ya know).

Now, we will see.

MCE Saint