View Single Post
Old 11-29-2018, 04:48 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  
MCESaint

Originally Posted by hopeful4 View Post
Good for you MCE.

I agree with you in that just saying sorry does not negate what has happened. The best predictor of future behavior....past behavior.

I am a little confused though, I thought she was in sober living near her brother and was going to stay out there and get a job, etc. What happened to all of that? Not that it's any of my business, so you definitely do not have to say. Just trying to follow along.

As I always say, I think you are doing a great job!!!
Hopeful - yeah, it HAS been confusing.

AW's *original* plan, when DS was still out-of-state, was to do her sober living in the same city/state where DS.

However, I objected to DS being out-of-state for that long AND I got DS back into this state and into my custody. And told AW that she could do her sober living out of state (without DS being there) or she could do it in this state (and visit with DS under conditions).

She chose to remain in this state and do her sober living house here.

To bolster my position, I got a child protective order (CPO) which has been in effect about 3 or 4 weeks. We go to court tomorrow to see about making it "permanent" (i.e., for at least one year). Although, I suspect the Court may continue the current order/status quo and appoint a GAL for DS to weigh-in on what the GAL believes is in the child's best interest.

MCE Saint