View Single Post
Old 11-28-2018, 06:37 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  
trailmix

Originally Posted by MCESaint View Post
I just don't get the sense that AW thinks any of my concerns about her and DS are legitimate. And that does not bode well for coming to a negotiated settlement concerning DS's contact with AW.

MCE Saint
I think your concerns are valid and I think the offer you are making for visitation seems fair.

It's just really, really, really frustrating that - it feels to me - that she thinks she should have no limits/conditions on physical contact with DS right this minute. She hasn't SAID it, but its the way the conversation(s) seem to FEEL to me.
This is why I was asking what has happened historically. She may well be confused if, historically, there were no limits put on access to your child after she attended rehab. Doesn't mean that's RIGHT just means that might be where the feeling that she shouldn't have any limits - is coming from.

I just don't get the sense that AW thinks any of my concerns about her and DS are legitimate. And that does not bode well for coming to a negotiated settlement concerning DS's contact with AW.
Perhaps, but not necessarily. You know her well, of course, but what she WANTS and what she can get are not necessarily the same thing and I can imagine she may be thinking something along the lines of - haven't I been punished enough.

Not saying that is right or wrong, just a guess. Regardless, she may well come around to realizing that there are consequences here. I hope so for everyone's sake, it would make everyone's life easier at this point.