Old 11-27-2018, 10:53 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Bubovski

Originally Posted by BillieJean1 View Post
4 days in and the worst is behind me.

It was stupid of me to start again. All it took was a few weeks and I was already breaking my own smoking rules as fast as I could make them, and smoking more and more each day. Every time I bought another pack I promised myself it would be the last.... Terrible habit. Just goes to show that with any old addiction, all it takes is the one to get the whole sh*t show started back up again.

I use a little mantra to help. I tell myself NOPE, Not One Puff Ever. Or the AVRT method, I never smoke. Both are effective.

Strike ended yesterday with legislation forcing us back to work. Not the outcome my union was hoping for, but at least it's over. I don't ever want to go thru another, it was highly stressful, and in the end all for nothing. The greedy corporations always win in the end, it's just the world we live in. Sometimes I really feel like I'm working for The Man every night and day! And The Man always finds a way to stick to ya! It's hard not to lose heart sometimes.

As a result of our stresses we injure ourselves with drugs and other types of negative behaviour. Awareness of our use or abuse is at least a starter in any battle. N.O.P.E.---Yay!