View Single Post
Old 11-26-2018, 07:54 PM
  # 62 (permalink)  
Meadow123

Originally Posted by OpheliaKatz View Post
Meadow,
I realize you are going through a lot of pain, but when you start to feel a bit better, I hope you are able to see that everything that comes out of this man's mouth is either abuse or manipulation, and yes, even the good times were manipulation. Now before you say, well you don't know my relationship, let me offer the suggestion that I may well have lived your relationship... because the things this guy is saying makes him sound like my exAH. He says that he's not the only one who knows what you're really like? Umm... what he really means is, "he's not the only one who can abuse you because he's been going around recruiting flying monkeys and talking trash about you to anyone who is dumb enough to listen to his bull. Or it is just bull and actually what he really means to say is: "you're not the only one who knows I'm an alcoholic... but you're the only one I'm trying to manipulate until I find my next target."

Please... take your sadness and make it anger! The fact that he's taking this break-up so immaturely suggests that he's not concerned about losing you so much as losing control of you. He's put you through hell and then he blames you for it. He has self-destructive behavior because what he really wants in life is to be a big baby who can't pull his own socks up and he needs someone to make him feel that he's entitled to his selfish behavior.

He lies to himself. Then he lies to you and expects you to believe it: I have chronic something-something, I have to drink.... watch me hurt myself... feel sorry for me... etc. That. Is. Messed. Up.

This is not your fault or responsibility. You are not stupid, he's just an expert manipulator. It is hard to think clearly when you are grieving. You are in the FOG (fear, obligation, guilt). Don't act right now. Don't engage, just stand still and try to see the fog around you first. 100% agree that this guy sounds unstable. I'm glad you are seeing a therapist.

Please be kind to yourself.
Thank you, wow and ouch. I appreciate your candor and I am seeing what you are saying now. The therapist is helping a lot. I just wish there was a magic pill for the physical pain. It was all an illusion and I feel like an idiot.... just a little..... but I know deep down I will feel better. It's hard with Christmas coming up and today my clutch and transmission went in my car. not an expense I need at the moment but it could be worse.